Fingerprints for submission to the USA
There are a number of reasons why you may need to have your fingerprints taken for submission to the USA:
- FBI Identity History Summary Check – for Non US Citizens. (This is the USA’s version of the UK’s DBS check.) You can only have your fingerprints taken by rolled ink.
- FBI Identity History Summary Check / Police Clearance Certificate – for US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) Only. You can have your fingerprints taken digitally or using rolled ink.
- Federal Regulatory Compliance – such as NFA, CFTC or FINRA. These will be rolled inked impressions. FINRA no longer except digital impressions from outside the U.S.
- State Regulatory Compliance – such as for Financial Services, Insurance, Medical, Money Transfer Licences, Horse Racing and other regulatory US licences. These will generally need to be rolled-inked impressions.
Rolled Ink Fingerprints to the FBI
This is a hard-copy paper process.
Before you begin, you need to register with the FBI’s Electronic Departmental Order. You must complete the online registration form, which can be found HERE. You will be sent a unique reference number by email, which you will need to submit with your fingerprints to the FBI.
We can take your fingerprints at any of our locations. We can supply US Fingerprints cards if needed.
Once taken, we highly recommend that you use a courier service to send your fingerprints to the FBI.
Results usually take 2-4 weeks depending on FBI workload.
From £69.00 including VAT
Digital Fingerprints to the FBI
This is a digital process through an FBI accredited channeler.
The digital fingerprints will then be submitted to the FBI through our US accredited channeler. There is no requirement to pre-register on the FBI website for this service.
We can take your fingerprints using LiveScan at our London Office or at your home or office.
Your certificate will be sent to you by email usually within 24 hours.
From £150 including VAT (this includes fees to the Channeler and FBI).
You can also opt for a hard copy certificate to be sent to your US address at an additional cost.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. To qualify for this service the following conditions must apply and such information must be supplied at the time of your fingerprints are taken:
- You must be a US citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident;
- You must have a current Social Security Number;
- You must have an address in the US that can be entered on the application (not a PO Box number) and a US telephone number; and
- The fingerprints must be intended to be sent directly to the FBI.
FBI Contact Details
The national collection of fingerprints is held by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Clarksburg, WV. Their contact details are:
FBI CJIS Division – Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
Call Centre: 001 304 625 5590
The FBI’s website page about Identity History Summary Checks can be found HERE